The Post-COVID-19 Urban Economy
SFU Public Square Pandemonium Webinar
COVID-19’s effects on the economy has been compared to that of the Great Depression. The shake-up in our urban economies has been far-reaching, but where are we heading? On November 25th, we hosted a panel discussion with leading urbanists and economists to talk about the impact of the pandemic on urban economies.
The discussion was moderated by Peter Hall, Professor and Associate Dean of SFU Urban Studies.
The panelists were:
– Tamara Vrooman, CEO of YVR and Chancellor of SFU
– Matti Siemiatycki, University of Toronto School of Cities
– Lynsey Thornton, Shopify Vancouver
– Wade Grant, CAO and Band Manager, Musqueam Nation
– Angela Marie MacDougall, Executive Director of Battered Women Support Services, Co-Founder of Feminists Deliver